Approximately 40 companies are scheduled to participate in Career Expo April 8 in the Vada Sheid Community Development Center. There are representatives from Healthcare, Financial Institutions, Small Business, State Agencies, Manufacturing, Service Industries and many others. Most, if not all, have immediate openings and are anxious to meet with you! Below is a list of all the employers that are participating.
The event will run from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m..
The Expo is also open to the public so it may be crowded at times around the better known employers. Having this event on our campus gives you a wonderful opportunity to meet, network, and make favorable impressions on employers you may want to work for, now or in the future.
Because you are making a first impression, dress appropriately. If you have a resume that you're happy with, bring along several copies. Try to learn names and titles of individuals at companies you are interested in so you can follow up with them at a later date.
There will be a presentation at 12:00
by Laura Newth. She is a highly successful local business owner who has a great message regarding what she and other business owners want to see from applicants and employees. I highly recommend you try to attend her speech.
The Arkansas Workforce Center will have their mobile unit here. This will allow you to register and learn of hundreds of listed job opportunities in and around our area.
Also, from 1:00 to 2:00
in the Trout Nature Center, members of the Mountain Home Rotary are volunteering their time and expertise to conduct Mock Interviews with you. This is on a first come, first served basis. Get the jitters out of the way before you meet with employers to discuss a great opportunity.
Employment Specialists from Goodwill and Arkansas Workforce Center will be helping prepare your elevator speech - or how to answer the inevitable "Tell me about yourself" question.
When you've taken in all the fun and opportunity, there will be a grill outside the Vada Sheid Center provided by Bailey Insurance. They want to say "hello" and grill you a hotdog. Tickets for this are given upon registration at the Career Expo.
1. Avon Products, Inc.
2. Arvest Bank
3. Ozark Opportunities/Head Start
4. Grant CPA
5. Auto Services Company
6. Mountain Home School District
7. Mary Kay Pink Dreams Cosmetics
8. United States Marine Corps
9. Area Agency on Aging, NW Ark.
10. U. S. Navy
11. Elmcroft Senior Living of Mountain Home
12. Arkansas Dept. of Parks and Tourism
14. Modern Woodmen of America
15. Jay Chafin/Ashley Havens State Farm
16. EZ Loader Custom Boat Trailer
17. Baxter Healthcare
18. Pine Lane Therapy & Living
19. Micro Plastics
20. Twin Lakes McDonalds
21. Good Samaritan
22. Baxter Regional Medical Center
24. Home Depot
25. First Security Bank
26. Eaton Corporation
27. US Army Corps of Engineers
28. A.I.D. Temporary Service, Inc.
29. Brooks Jeffrey Marketing
30. Arkansas Job Corps
31. Service Corporation International, SCI
32. Baxter Bulletin
34. Dept. Workforce Development
35. First Federal Bank
36. Twin Lakes Radio
37. ASU MH Workforce Education
38. The Vet Clinic
39. Jimmy Johns of Mountain Home
40. Nerium International
41. Ark. Dept. of Career Education, Rehabilitation Services