|"Welcome to ASU-Mountain Home Career Placement where our focus is your future. As the career placement coordinator it is my privilege to introduce you to campus Career Services. Career Placement is available to help you with your resume, interview skills, and job leads. Please do not hesitate to call (870)508-6278, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or stop by office 324 on the third floor of Roller Hall with your questions. I look forward to speaking with you."
Career Placement Coordinator
Career FairTuesday, April 8, 201411:00 AM - 2:00 PMVada Sheid Community Development Center
- Approximately 40 companies scheduled to participate
- Representatives from Healthcare, Financial Institutions, Small Business, State Agencies, Manufacturing, Service Industries and many others
- Most, if not all, have immediate openings and are anxious to meet with you
The Expo is also open to the public so it may be crowded at times around the better known employers. Having this event on our campus gives you a wonderful opportunity to meet, network, and make favorable impressions on employers you may want to work for, now or in the future.
Because you are making a first impression, dress appropriately. If you have a resume that you're happy with, bring along several copies. Try to learn names and titles of individuals at companies you are interested in so you can follow up with them at a later date.
- There will be a presentation at 12:00 by Laura Newth. She is a highly successful local business owner who has a great message regarding what she and other business owners want to see from applicants and employees. I highly recommend you try to attend her speech.
- The Arkansas Workforce Center will have their mobile unit here. This will allow you to register and learn of hundreds of listed job opportunities in and around our area.
- Also, from 1:00 to 2:00 in the Trout Resource Center, members of the Mountain Home Rotary are volunteering their time and expertise to conduct Mock Interviews with you. This is on a first come, first served basis. Get the jitters out of the way before you meet with employers to discuss a great opportunity.
- Employment Specialists from Goodwill and Arkansas Workforce Center will be helping prepare your elevator speech - or how to answer the inevitable "Tell me about yourself" question.
- When you've taken in all the fun and opportunity, there will be a grill outside the Vada Sheid Center provided by Bailey Insurance. They want to say "hello" and grill you a hot dog. Tickets for this are given upon registration at the Career Expo.
Please take full advantage of this great opportunity. You're a very impressive group of students who are going to accomplish wonderful things. Have fun!