This page provides basic steps on how and where to apply for aid available for attending Arkansas State University - Mountain Home (ASUMH).
- Apply for a Federal Student Aid PIN number for the student and parent, if dependent, at http://www.pin.ed.gov to be used when filing for Federal Financial Aid.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on-line at http://www.fafsa.gov using the Federal Student Aid PIN for the student and parent, if dependent.
- For Fall 2012, Spring 2013, and Summer 2013 file the 2012-2013 FAFSA.
- File the 2013-2014 FAFSA for Fall 2013, Spring 2014, and Summer 2014.
- Use the Federal School Code 001090 when filing the FAFSA to have the results sent to ASUMH.
- After filing the 2012-2013 or 2013-2014 FAFSA, complete and return the appropriate forms to the ASUMH Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid.
Fall 2012/Spring 2013/Summer 2013
Fall 2013/Spring 2014
- Watch the email address provided on the FAFSA and your ASUMH student email for additional information requests.
- Many students who apply for Federal Financial Aid through the FAFSA are selected by the Central Processor to be verified. If you are selected, you will be required to complete additional verification documentation, such as an IRS Tax Return Transcripts for you and your parent(s), if dependent; or spouse, if married. Additional documentation will be requested on an as needed basis.
- Request an IRS Tax Return Transcript NOT an IRS Tax Account Transcript.
- When an award is received from the ASUMH Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid review it for further instructions. If you have been offered more loan funding than you desire, return a copy of the award with the desired loan amount indicated. The award will be mailed to your home address.
- If you are awarded a Direct Stafford Loan on your award letter, ensure the following items have been completed at https://studentloans.gov.
- Direct Loan Entrance Counseling
- Direct Loan Master Promissory Note
- Priority Consideration Deadline for completion of the FAFSA and all other required documents is June 1st each year for students who are beginning the fall semester, October 1 each year for those students entering the spring semester, and April 1 for those students requesting aid for summer sessions. The later a file has been completed, the longer the delay will be prior to a determination of aid eligibility. However, meeting the Priority Consideration Deadline should allow time to be awarded prior to the beginning of the semester.
- Students whose Financial Aid is in place prior to the beginning of a semester may be permitted to charge their fees against financial aid. All students should be prepared to pay a portion of their tuition and fees at the time of fee collection if their Financial Aid has not been awarded or the award will not cover the entire semesters charges.
- Complete and return the Direct Deposit Form to have any aid you may be expecting in excess the amount of institutional charges.
- Financial Aid disbursement will occur after enrollment is verified. Students who have excess monies after all tuition, fees, and book vouchers have been paid will be sent notification to your student email account.
- If you have additional questions, click here to find staff contact information and hours of operation.