Grants - ASU Mountain Home Campus
Creating Opportunities Image


You must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be eligible for financial aid.  Please complete the application at  The ASUMH school code is 001090.

Federal Pell Grant

A Federal Pell Grant is awarded to help undergraduate students pay for their education after high school. For the Federal Pell Grant Program, an undergraduate is one who has not earned a bachelor's or professional degree. These grants provide a "foundation" of financial aid for many students to which aid from other federal sources may be added. Unlike loans, grants do not have to be repaid except in certain circumstances where a student withdraws or has all failing grades. 

The maximum Award for the 2013-2014 year is $5,645.00. The amount awarded will depend on your Expected Family Contribution (EFC), the cost of education, enrollment status, and whether or not attendance is for a full academic year or less.

To apply for a Pell Grant:

  • Apply for a Pin Number at
  • Complete the Free Application for Federal Financial Aid at
  • ASUMH Federal ID Code is 001090.  Results of the FAFSA will be sent to you via e-mail, if an e-mail address is provided. If an e-mail address is not provided, then information will be mailed to your home address.
  • ASUMH will receive the information from the Department of Education (if our school code was provided) with the Expected Family Contribution (EFC). The EFC is used to determine your eligibility for the Pell Grant as well as other programs.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG)

This grant is intended to supplement other aid received. These grants are federally funded with each school receiving a small allocation of funds each year. Therefore, students are encouraged to complete the FAFSA as early as possible each year as funds are awarded to a limited number of undergraduate students with exceptional financial need. SEOG does not have to be repaid.  SEOG grants are typically $500 per academic year depending on availability of funds.  Apply by completing the FAFSA at