Other Aid - ASU Mountain Home Campus
Creating Opportunities Image


Federal Work Study Program

This program provides jobs for students with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay for college expenses.  Students must complete the FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov and should indicate they are interested in the work-study program. Students are encouraged to complete the FAFSA as early as possible as funds for this program are limited. Students must complete the FAFSA every year to receive Federal Work Study. Receipt of Federal Work Study one year does not automatically imply that the student will receive Federal Work Study the next year.  Students are permitted to work up to a maximum of 20 hours per week.  Students are paid every two weeks.   

Students interested in working in the College Work Study Program must register with the Financial Aid Office the first full week in August each year.  Students will be permitted to register under multiple departments employing Federal Work Study students.  Students on each list will be reviewed for eligibility under federal regulations.  The list will then be forwarded to each department and it will be the department that interviews and makes the decision as to which student(s) will be employed.  Students are permitted to work beginning the first day of class at the beginning of the semester through the last day of finals at the end of each semester.  Students will be awarded a fixed amount and cannot earn more than the fixed amount for each semester.

Rehabilitation Services

Students with possible disabilities may contact Rehabilitation Services (1-800-330-0632) to see if they qualify for these benefits.  Rehabilitation Services may provide assistance with tuition, fees, and books to those who qualify. 

Students should contact their local Rehabilitation Services Office for eligibility requirements and application. 

Veteran's Education Benefits

Veterans education benefits are authorized to veterans and qualified dependents under specific chapters of Title 38, US Code.  Eligibility for benefits can only be determined by the U. S. Department of Veteran Affairs.  ASUMH is an approved institution for assistance to veterans, their beneficiaries or dependents.  Students may contact the Veterans Affairs representative at the ASUMH Financial Aid Office for application forms. Sherrie Abel, (870) 508-6241 or sabel@asumh.edu.

Additional Information on assistance for veterans, veteran's dependents, and active duty is available at http://www.asumh.edu/financial_aid/veterans-affairs.dot?.

Workforce Investment Act

The Workforce Investment Act program is designed to provide training for unemployed persons.  Financial Assistance may cover books, tuition, supplies, and transportation.  Students should contact either their local Employment Security Division Office or the Arkansas Workforce Center for application and eligibility information.  Students should also inquire if they may be eligible for Trade Adjustment Assistance benefits.

Career Pathways

Career Pathways is a financial assistance program to help students with college related expenses.  

Guidelines are as follows.  Be an Arkansas resident, have minor children residing in your home under the age of 21, receive some type of benefits from the Arkansas Department of Human Services such as TEA, SNAP, medicaid, or ARKids first health insurance, or have income below 250% of the poverty level.  

Qualified applicants can receive a range of assistance that could include paying for tuition, fees, books, transportation, child care, and other expenses.

For further information regarding eligibility and the application process, contact the Career Pathways Office at (870) 508-6201.  The Career Pathways Office is located on the second floor of McClain Hall on the ASU - Mountain Home campus.