VETERANS AND ACTIVE DUTY
EDUCATIONAL BENEFITS INFORMATION
Arkansas State University - Mountain Home assists eligible veterans and dependents of veterans apply for educational benefits offered by the Veterans Administration. Active duty military may also receive educational benefits to attend Arkansas State University - Mountain Home.
All active duty military, veterans and dependents of veterans are encouraged to inquire about educational benefits to attend Arkansas State University - Mountain Home by contacting the Veterans Administration Certifying Official.
HOW TO REQUEST VETERAN AND ACTIVE DUTY BENEFITS AT ASUMH
Students requesting veteran, veteran dependent, and active duty military educational benefits MUST contact the Veterans Administration Certifying Official to complete and submit forms as outlined below to the Veterans Administration Certifying Official to receive benefits.
- NEW ASUMH students, and students returning after not attending a Fall or Spring semester, requesting veteran, veteran dependent, and active duty military educational benefits MUST contact the Veterans Administration Certifying Official to complete and submit the VA Data Form.
- ALL ASUMH students requesting veteran, veteran dependent, and active duty military educational benefits MUST complete and submit the ASUMH Veterans Certification Request Form every Fall, Spring, and Summer semester to the Veterans Administration Certifying Official.
- ALL ASUMH students requesting veteran, veteran dependent, and active duty military educational benefits MUST submit a printed copy of their validated bill and class schedule every Fall, Spring, and Summer semester to the Veterans Administration Certifying Official.
Veterans Administration Certifying Official:
Arkansas State University - Mountain Home
Veterans Affairs Office
1600 South College Street
Mountain Home, AR 72653
Roller Hall, Third Floor
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The toll-free number for the Education Call Center is 1-888-442-4551.
The Call Center is in Muskogee, OK, and Education Case Managers are available 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Central Time, Monday through Friday.
The system’s automated functions can provide information about benefits, applications, etc., and are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Individual Veterans can access their own record to obtain date of last benefit payment, check amounts, etc. VA asks that you utilize the automated system as much as possible.
Important Phone Numbers
|Other VA Benefits (Local Regional Office)
|Monthly Verification of Enrollment & IVR (Interactive Voice Response System)
|Direct Deposit Enrollment (students)
|Overseas Schools and Students Living Overseas
|Foreign Schools (Buffalo RPO)
|VA Debt Management Center
|Veterans Crisis Line http://www.veteranscrisisline.net/
|| 1(501) 246-5341
VA Educational Programs
How the Veterans Administration pays out GI BILL BENEFITS
Payments are done at the end of the month based on the number of days enrolled and the first and last payment is prorated. Payments amounts differ based on chapter, the numbers of hours enrolled, remaining months of eligibility, and other criteria.
Montgomery GI Bill – Active Duty (Chapter 30)
Vocational Rehab and Employment Services (Chapter 31)
Post-9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33)
Payment amounts vary based on the following:
- Payment eligibility rating, a range of 40% to 100%
- Enrollment status, full-time or less.
- Monthly housing stipend paid to student.
Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 35)
Montgomery GI Bill – Selected Reserve (Chapter 1606)
Reserve Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 1607)
Transfer Of Post-9/11 GI-Bill Benefits To Dependents
Arkansas Veterans Education and Training Partnership (AVETP)
Veterans Retraining Assistance Program (VRAP)
Veterans Work Study Program
- Veterans who are enrolled in at least 3/4 time are eligible for the Work Study Program. Work Study positions can be found at college veterans affairs offices, VA hospitals, and VA regional offices.
- The pay is current Arkansas state minimum wage per hour. There is no tax deduction.
- Hours can usually be flexible to work around class time.
Multiple Benefits Eligibility
- If you think you may be eligible for more than one type of Veterans Educational benefits this comparison chart may be helpful to you.
- Comparison of VA Benefits
Military Records and Transcripts
College Credit for Military Service
Joint Services Transcript
Military Service Records Request
Military Service Related Scholarships
Memorial Scholarship from American Legion Alley-White Post 52
MG James Ursano Scholarship (Children of ARMY soldiers)
ARMY Spouse Education Assistance Program
ATT War Memorial Scholarship
Students called to Active Duty
The U.S. Department of Education web site http://ifap.ed.gov/dpcletters/G03347.html contains information and guidelines regarding loan relief for persons affected by military mobilization.