An award letter informs you of the aid you are eligible to receive for attending Arkansas State University-Mountain Home.
An award letter will be emailed once the Arkansas State University – Mountain Home Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid and has awarded any type of assistance to the student. Initial awards assume the student will be enrolled Full Time (12 or more credit hours per semester) for the entire school year. Awards for Summer are based upon actual enrollment levels as reported on the required Summer Financial Aid Application.
Do I need to respond to the Award Letter?
Except under certain circumstances the award letter does not need to be returned. The following list provides circumstances under which an award letter should be signed and returned to the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid at Arkansas State University-Mountain Home.
- The award includes a Federal Subsidized Stafford Loan which the student originally requested but now wants to decline or reduce and accept the award. This loan must be repaid, borrow only what you need.
- The award includes a Federal Unsubsidized Stafford Loan which the student originally requested but now wants to decline or reduce and accept the award. This loan must be repaid, borrow only what you need.
- The award is for fall and spring but the student expects to complete the current degree or certificate before the spring semester begins.
- The award needs to be declined because the student will not be attending Arkansas State University-Mountain Home.
- The award does not include additional aid from other sources which the student expects to receive. Receiving additional assistance not listed on this award letter may result in a reduction in the aid listed. Please provide a list in writing of the names and yearly amounts of the additional aid from other sources you expect to receive and if the amounts will be split between fall and spring.
Federal Grants are awarded based upon need as determined by filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Federal Pell Grants and Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity (SEOG) Grants do not have to be repaid as long as you complete the hours you are enrolled in to receive these funds. For more information on the grants available at Arkansas State University-Mountain Home go to financial_aid/types-of-aid.html under grants.
Required Actions for Loans
The following award offers require additional actions to be taken by the student.
Federal Direct Stafford Loan (Subsidized and/or Unsubsidized)
- A Federal Direct Stafford Loan Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling must be completed before receiving a Federal Direct Stafford Loan. The Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling are available online at studentloans.gov.
- If you have received funds from a Federal Direct Stafford Loan in the past, completing another Federal Direct Stafford Loan Master Promissory Note is not necessary, however you MUST complete the Federal Direct Stafford Loan Entrance Counseling.
- For more information on the Stafford loan program go to studentloans.gov and financial-aid/typs-of-aid.html.
Federal Direct Stafford Loans are considered a debt which must be repaid and are not excused in bankruptcy.